Monday, June 6, 2011

Pedestal Plates Just Listed

Sometimes when you are out antiquing or hitting the garage sales, you find things that you have to take home. You can imagine the possibilities of "what can be."
This was one of those magical times.
The pedestal above was not a pedestal in the beginning. What we have here is a silver plated tray and a candle base.
When I first laid eyes on the tray, I knew right away it would be painted and made into a beautiful pedestal.
It took time to find the perfect base, but it was well worth the wait.

Just look at all the roses and the detail, it's lovely. Would you believe it started life out as silver? Ugh, it was ugly!! But not anymore!!


I painted a pretty doily pattern in pick, but I am showing the pedestal and cookies with a doily on the tray.
I am not selling this doily, but if I were displaying this item, I would certainly have a doily under the faux cookies.


I listed the pedestal with three of my faux cookies. All are heart shaped, painted, iced, sugared with German glass glitter and then decorated with handmade paper and handmade clay roses. I also love to add some pearls for a bit of bling. I hope you enjoy this latest from Someplace In Thyme.

2 comments:

  1. Char~
    The pedestal tray is lovely, as well as the faux cookies. You did a wonderful job & it was well worth the wait!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Char! That pedestal plate is gorgous and so are your cookies. You did a beautiful job! have a super day! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please let me know what you think.