Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Metal Tray Turned Chalkboard Memo Board

I have so much fun when I find something at a garage sale that I have to have, but really have no idea what I will do with it.
This use to be a metal tray, not silver, but silver looking......Huh? I know what you mean, but it was way to pretty to pass up and the price was spot on! : )

After cleaning her up, I primed her and gave her a couple coats of Heiloom White paint, sealed her with Mod Podge and away we went.
I then gave the painted tray a few coats of Chalkboard paint and she was ready for her debut.


Need a little more room for a message? Yep, we can turn her around and just look at that!
I think there may be something missing.....Oh yes, the easel! She comes with that too.


For now, I am not listing this on my website, but putting it in my Etsy shop instead. You can find this under the name of Someplace In Time.

4 comments:

  1. Char, very pretty idea. I bet it goes fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char what a great use of a tray. I hope I find one to convert myself. Perhaps I would remember more if I wrote it & looked at a beautiful piece. Thx for sharing

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and what a creative idea! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog---hope you have a wonderful day!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so awesome, Char! I really love this idea AND have a quart of chalkboard paint that I haven't opened...YET! :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please let me know what you think.